"Why have you taken this away from me, that I can't draw my breath in the peace and sweetness of my own bed but here in these dull and nameless rags on this humbling stoop I have to sit waiting for the wheels of the city to roll," and further, "I don't want to show my hand but in sleep I'm helpless to straighten it, yet take this opportunity to see my plea, I'm alone, I'm sick, I'm dying - see my hand up-tipped, learn the secret of my human heart, give me the thing, give me your hand, take me to the emerald mountains beyond the city, take me to the safe place, be kind, be nice, smile - I'm too tired now of everything else, I've had enough, I give up, I quit, I want to go home, take me home O brother in the night - take me home, lock me in safe, take me to where all is peace and amity, to the family of life, my mother, my father, my sister, my wife and you my brother and you my friend - but no hope, no hope, no hope, I wake up and I'd give a million dollars to be in my own bed - O lord save me -"
In evil roads behind gas tanks where murderous dogs snarl from behind wire fences cruisers suddenly leap out like getaway cars but from a crime more secret, more baneful than words can tell.
The woods are full of wardens.

Jack Kerouac - Lonesome Traveler

Hach, Jack.. It's magic.

Kommentar veröffentlichen